Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Difference between the Warwick Streamer stage II and the Streamer LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Oct 13, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Just wondering what the main differences were in these basses, I'm really getting into that Stuart Zender funky sound and i'm looking at a warwick 5 string.

Thanks in advance.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ss2 is neck thru, but you know that already.

i think the ss2 has a tighter, bigger low end, and more sustain. also, the neck thru warwicks tend to play a little nicer than the bolt-on ones and have a little tighter B strings. (the bolt on warwicks do still have great B strings though - i own one NT warwick and one bolt on warwick and love them both!)

the SS2 is one of the best basses ever. it's worth the extra money for sure.

3. joel

joel Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Ontario
    i've had my SSII for about 4 months now and i love it

get the SSII

joel

4. Can you get the SSII in the wide neck option for a 5 string? I know you can get the LX wide.

5. Nope. The wide neck option applies only to the bolt on models.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Doesn't the SSI come standard with wide spacing on the 5 and 6 string models?? That bass is a neck thru.

Or am I thinking of something else?:confused:

7. I think you're right, but then again, you can't order a SSI fiver with regular (narrow) Warwick spacing, like that of the SSII, or Thumb. The option of choosing spacing, and scale lengths, only applies to the bolt ons, ASFAIK (please correct me if I'm wrong, though).

8. joel

joel Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Ontario
    Most people i talk to think that warwicks already
    have wide spacing. i know a couple bassists who
    think the spacing is to big. But I like it a lot

why do you want wide spacing so bad anyways?!?

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yep, you are right also. With the bolt on's, you get a choice of regular or wide spacing, and scale length. The neck thru's are the way they are. Although I am sure you could get something different from Warwick's custom shop, if you want to spend that kind of money.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

For me, it's more comfortable for fingerstyle playing. Also makes slapping and double thumb easier to do cleanly. The only time I like narrow spacing is if I am using a pick.

11. to me it's not wide it's normal. I like my 5 string to have the same string spacing as my 4 string. It's like I've just added the B string, instead of playing an entire different instrument. Same way with my keyboard on my computer, it has more keys then a typewriter, but I don't want the keys any closer.

how wide is the neck thru 5 string Warwicks anyway? what is the spacing at the bridge, (is what I'm really asking)?

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    19mm for the wide ones, 16.5 on the normal ones.