1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Difference Between Wizzy E & M?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DumDrummer, Mar 5, 2008.

1. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    A local music store has a pretty good deal on a new Wizzy that has "had a few birthdays there". Has EA changed anything recently that would make the new Wizzy significantly better than the old?

2. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    anyone? i was thinking of going to get it today...

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The M-Line is differently voiced than the regular Wizzy. I'm not sure what you mean by "E". It is possible to buy both regular and M-Line Wizzys, so while the M-Line is a newer design, it is not a replacement for the original.

The original has a big mid-hump, and the M-Line has less mid-hump, resulting in more presence in the highs and lows.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I like the older ones with the Line-X coating. The newer ones have Tolex (which of course tears).

5. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I haven't heard the M-line version, although I've been curious. I will say that I love the standard Wizzy. I used to gig an iAmp 500 head through one or two Wizzys, depending on the size of the gig. Great cabs.

Cheers

6. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    Thanks for the input guys. Anyone else?

7. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    They are both loud for size and input, but cant handle acme levels of power.

Both are mid - low mid present, the mline has smoother more extended lows and maybe less of a midhump. the regular doesnt sound as good alone, but in a mix it has that "sits great" quality to it. IME the mline could be Eq'd to match the regular.

Both are small cabs. Both are wonderfully built. both are very light though not featherweights.

I bet 2 of either with 500 or so watts is enough cab for a LOT of gigs. I used one of each for a bit and 2 mlines for a bit. VERY nice, but 2 ohms.

8. True....about 250 watts; want/need more, add a DI to the PA.
    True....but I like the different voicings used together.
    True...."E" 29lbs, "M" 34lbs.
    True. ..I use an iAmp500 with an "E" (single transmission line) and an "M" (dual transmission line) cabinet; the 2ohm load is not a problem. Highly recommended.