1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Differences between Markbass Standard and Blackline

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GGman, Aug 29, 2016.

1. GGman

GGman

Oct 17, 2008
    What are the Differences between Markbass Standard series and the Blackline series beside the prices?

2. BlackCatBassman

BlackCatBassman

Aug 11, 2016
    I think one of them is black.

3. GGman

GGman

Oct 17, 2008
    yes, I can see that. Are the speakers technically different? Do they sound and perform the same? Are the cabinets made different? Like different sizes, types of wood, etc? Blackline products are selling at lower prices.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  4. They sell for lower prices because the intention behind them is to offer a "budget" series of products. They are different in that they are lower powered (250W amp)/power handling (300W vs 400W) and made in Asia (Indonesia?). The products currently consist of the LM250, NY 151, and CMD Players School Combo. The LM250 is the amp in the combo (they don't even change the face plate) and the combo is the same as the 151 cabinet.

I spent some time with the LMIII and owned the LM250BL and an F1 during the same time period. The LM250BL has the same EQ, midpoints, and VLE/VPF filters as the other amps. Some say that they sound different to them, but when I owned them both and was using them interchangeably for some purposes, it's a good thing no one ever blindfolded me, put a gun to my head, and made me stake my life on knowing which one was which, because I wouldn't have been able to do it. I can't speak to the 151, never heard the BL.

rodl2005 likes this.
  5. GGman

GGman

Oct 17, 2008
    thanks for the reply. I can understand having lower prices being made in countries with low cost labor. I would guess they would not spend money/time on new engineering and researching for a lower cost line, but just use the same parts as before with a new face and low labor costs. Many businesses do this to sell more products to people with lower cash on hand.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021