Differences between vintage fender bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cocoune, Nov 12, 2017.

1. cocoune

cocoune

Jan 28, 2012
  2. JTE

JTE Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    0095613049 seems to be the unreliced version of 099084100. Note the rust and discoloration on the one compared to the other. The '70s one is likely the same base plate with different saddles. I'd to for the 0095613049 because I don't think there's enough difference between the three to have any real impact on sound, because I really prefer the threaded saddles for string spacing alignment, and don't care for the artificial aging (while the bridge on my P looks more like the reliced one, that's simply because I've owned and gigged it since 1983.

3. cocoune

cocoune

Jan 28, 2012
    Yea I think you're right. There is another pic of the relic one and it dont look relic but anyway... Its because i have a a vintage bridge on my jaco fretted bass and the string holes spacing seems really wide and gthe saddles move... But anyway lol

4. freedomryder

freedomryder

Nov 21, 2012
    Seattle
    Here's the same bridge on Amazon as the one that appears to be reliced in that one photo. Not reliced.
    http://a.co/a75RIZQ

5. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    099084100 is the best from them.

YAP_0508up.jpg

6. cocoune

cocoune

Jan 28, 2012
    Do you know whats the strings holes spacing ? I feel that its the same bridge but not sure. The thing is that my squier is smaller. I didnt know lol. I'm used to it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022