Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Differences in Hartke's new amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ianick, Mar 2, 2005.

1. ianick

ianick

Nov 22, 2004
    Has anybody noticed a difference in the new Hartke amps? I took a HA2000 home to audition against a few other cheaper amps and liked it the best. Had to wait for an online return to get my money back so I could buy said HA2000. Now the owner of the guitar shop calls me and says the HA2500's are in and they are the same price as the HA2000's($299). I am thinking I will just go with the 2500 unless anyone has noticed a difference between the old design and the new? They look to be the same design with a few more watts pushed through. Is that the case? Or did they redesign the internals?

Thanks for any input.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Get the 2500! I see they also have the 3500a which is fitted into the same box as the 5500 and has a silver face as well.

3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I think that most of the differences in Hartke heads that you have probably heard people refering to are with the old early 90's Mosfet heads vs the HA stuff. I haven't heard anyone remarking on variations within the HA stuff. Then again maybe they did and I just was not paying attention. :D

4. ianick

ianick

Nov 22, 2004
    Well, I'm the proud owner of a new Hartke 2500. :bassist:

Can't wait til I get off work tonight so I can go home and play.

EDIT: Speliing