Differences in Hartke's new amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ianick, Mar 2, 2005.

1. ianick

Nov 22, 2004
    Has anybody noticed a difference in the new Hartke amps? I took a HA2000 home to audition against a few other cheaper amps and liked it the best. Had to wait for an online return to get my money back so I could buy said HA2000. Now the owner of the guitar shop calls me and says the HA2500's are in and they are the same price as the HA2000's($299). I am thinking I will just go with the 2500 unless anyone has noticed a difference between the old design and the new? They look to be the same design with a few more watts pushed through. Is that the case? Or did they redesign the internals?

Thanks for any input.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Get the 2500! I see they also have the 3500a which is fitted into the same box as the 5500 and has a silver face as well.
  3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I think that most of the differences in Hartke heads that you have probably heard people refering to are with the old early 90's Mosfet heads vs the HA stuff. I haven't heard anyone remarking on variations within the HA stuff. Then again maybe they did and I just was not paying attention. :D
  4. ianick

Nov 22, 2004
    Well, I'm the proud owner of a new Hartke 2500. :bassist:

Can't wait til I get off work tonight so I can go home and play.

EDIT: Speliing