1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Different DRs

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Tsal, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    So, how do Fat Beams and Sunbeams sit between Hi-Beams and Lo-Riders?

I'm kinda happy with my set of Hi-beams(45-105), but am interested in Fats and Suns if I buy that Thunderbird
    I have intended. It's factorystrings seem like nickel rounds, quite flexible(then again I haven't played many nickels so I can't tell if they are naturally more loose than SS). Anyways, those strings give the bass nice mid/lowmid thump which is nice for from blues to rock, but eventually I will have to replace them so should I put my money on Sunbeams, Fat Beams or perhaps something else?

I'm interested on some bright flats(or grounds or compresseds) too, they could perhaps give nice tone, similar to nickel-rounds yet last much longer than your average rounds.

2. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Tsal, rickbass1 did a review of Fat Beams not to long ago, did you see it? I'm back with Hi Beams after a brief love affair with Lo-Riders. I want to try Sun Beams and Fat Beams too.