Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Different DRs

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Tsal, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    So, how do Fat Beams and Sunbeams sit between Hi-Beams and Lo-Riders?

I'm kinda happy with my set of Hi-beams(45-105), but am interested in Fats and Suns if I buy that Thunderbird
    I have intended. It's factorystrings seem like nickel rounds, quite flexible(then again I haven't played many nickels so I can't tell if they are naturally more loose than SS). Anyways, those strings give the bass nice mid/lowmid thump which is nice for from blues to rock, but eventually I will have to replace them so should I put my money on Sunbeams, Fat Beams or perhaps something else?

I'm interested on some bright flats(or grounds or compresseds) too, they could perhaps give nice tone, similar to nickel-rounds yet last much longer than your average rounds.

2. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Tsal, rickbass1 did a review of Fat Beams not to long ago, did you see it? I'm back with Hi Beams after a brief love affair with Lo-Riders. I want to try Sun Beams and Fat Beams too.