1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

different kind of Boss GEB-7 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thobbinghotrod, Mar 5, 2008.

1. I want a high pass filter at 40hertz. If the boss eq pedals lowest slider is at 50 hertz, does it cut out everything below 50 hertz is it just a notch at say 40 to 60ish hertz.

2. HPF @ 40hz is a series resistor of about 400 ohms, followed by a cap to ground at about 10µF. That's a simple way of going about it.

I'd say the boss pedals are just notch filters, not shelving filters, and they only cut by 15dB at the centre frequency, whereas a shelving filter cuts by more and more as you move away from the centre frequency.

3. It's taken a while but I finally got the parts to build the HPF that niftydog suggested in the above post. I bought a resistor at 390 ohms and a capaciter at 10 uf. What do I do now? Can someone make me a diagram.

4. Just noticed that I stuffed up, you want a high pass filter! That's series cap, parallel resistor, not the other way around. Anywho, easy fix...

Code:
             ||
    input o--||--o-o output
             ||  |
                 |
                .-.
                | |
                | |
                '-'
                 |
                ===
                GND

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I know im late to this, but why not use a CEB-3 (i think its 3....).

Look up Uni-Boss. I forget how its done, but you can get just the effected output. Just set the depth and rate to min and use the HPF to your liking