1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Different knobs?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Davesound, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Davesound

Davesound

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi
    I would like to put different knobs on my new Ibanez Miko short scale bass.Where do I go to get these?

Thanks

Davesound

2. Davesound

Davesound

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi

I just got my new Ibanez Miko SS Pearl White bass,Also I put LaBella very thin scale Flates on it.I like the sound from this bass better then any bass I've ever played.It's small,light ,good looking,Sounds Great,I don't like the fake Crome plastic knobs on it.They look cheap.Where can I go to get better knobs.Three knobs,maybe black would look good!
    Please help.I think after I change these I 've got a bass to last me the rest of my life.This is the first bass I've ever had that I don't really want to put it down,The LaBella Flates make it fun to play.I really sounds the way I want to.
    Thanks
    Davesound

3. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    The first thread was enough.

There are only about 60,000 sources for guitar knobs via eBay, Amazon, etc.

Try some searching.

4. Trayster2

Trayster2

Aug 13, 2012
    Palm Coast, FL
    Eh, kind of mean. It clearly says he's a new bassist and probably new to the site as well.

Dave, there is a dark blue bar on this forum above the posts. Click "Search" and you can type in any subject you want. This has helped me a LOT in the past.

I have one of these basses too.... still trying to decide whether to put money into upgrading or sell it.

Good luck. :)

5. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I also recently purchased a Mikro (black finish) and I'll probably be looking for new knobs as well.

As far as places to get knobs...Allparts is one, guitar-parts.com, Stew-Mac, Warmoth, and WD are others, there's lots of places including local music stores and a google search for guitar knobs will find more.

One thing you want to be sure of is that the new knobs will fit the shafts on your pots. There are a couple of different shaft types (solid shafts and split shafts) and shaft diameters. On top of that some knobs are a friction fit (for split shafts) and some use a set screw (usually for solid shafts but they can also be used on split shafts if you align the set screw to impinge on the split in the shaft).

Good luck in your search.

6. Davesound

Davesound

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi

Thanks that's what I needed.Still learning my way around.Helping people must be hard for some.!

Davesound

7. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

Do you knobs have a screw on the side? or are they the push-on style?

8. Davesound

Davesound

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi

Thanks everyone for your help.Ordered knobs from EBay.

Thanks

Davesound

9. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Just a quick update, I wound up using J bass knobs with set screws I had lying around on my recent Mikro acquisition.