1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Different neck profiles on Stingrays

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by _godspeed_, Dec 8, 2011.

1. I used to own really nice black MM Stingray '98 and I really LOVED the neck on it! The profile was much slimmer than every other Stingray I ever played - but all these were 2000-2011. I've never played SLO Stingray, but I used to own Sterling too and that Stingray's neck was more playable then Sterling's for me. :bassist:
    So, my question is - does anybody know anything about production of Stingrays with slimmer neck shapes in 90's? :confused:

2. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Interesting. I've always hated the Stingrays' super chunky necks. I can't help you though, just throwin' that out there :p

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Super chunky necks? Really? They're not *that* chunky.
    The only neck profiles I know about are the typical Stingray and the SLO Special (which is a Sterling neck on a Stingray body). Can't wait for one of the ball experts to chime in here :D

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Chunky? Apparently you've never played a G&L or mid 90's Warwick :p

5. Daniel Page

Daniel Page

May 25, 2015
    Not to resurrect an old thread but it was never answered really - was the neck profile slimmer back in the 90's?