1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Different Screws for Bar String Retainer?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by honestjohnny, Mar 25, 2009.

1. honestjohnny

honestjohnny

Nov 24, 2006
    I posted this in one of the other forums on this topic, but no joy. So I'm giving it it's own thread.

Hey, guys. I tried to do this with a Floyd Rose string retainer from stewmac.com, but the screws that came with it were too short and pulled out of the pilot holes when I tuned up. I'm thinking longer screws would work, but I have no info on the screws. Do you guys have any ideas? I could always wander around the hardware store and generally make a pest of myself. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I contacted stewmac and they have no info on the screws.

2. yeah hardware store is your best bet, bring your screws. I also do not understand your signature quote

3. honestjohnny

honestjohnny

Nov 24, 2006
    @joeyl: There's quite a difference between cheap and expensive. However, I prefer mid-level, inexpensive overall.

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    The periods after the money in the quote screw up how you read it.