Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Different truss rod question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by needmoney, Jan 25, 2006.

1. I just bought an el' cheapo neck from my local guitar store and I'm wondering how I go about adjusting the truss rod?! It's at the headstock end, but it's not shaped for an allen key, just circular. I've never seen one like this before.

Picture:
    [​IMG]

Any ideas????

2. Have you tried sticking an allen wrench in that hole to see if there's a nut in there? It seems to me that there should be. Maybe shine a light down in there to see? I can't tell anything from that photo.

Mag...

3. Yes you are right Magneto. I am very stupid. There were big chunks of sawdust built up on the nut. I couldn't even see it when I shined a torch in there!

4. Naw.. that wasn't stupid.. I had one similar to that once. I thought the allen-head was stripped because I couldn't get the wrench to bite in there. Turns out it was full of dust/dirt/wax and I had to clean it out. After that, the wrench fit properly.
    Glad you got it sorted out.

Mag...