1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Differing Tele/51 p bass bridges?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mbasile, Apr 14, 2015.

1. mbasile

mbasile Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2015
    In my journey to build a Warmoth '51 p bass I've noticed that there are two different style bridges. One has all of the screw and string holes evenly spaced, while the other has the screw holes set wider apart, pushing towards the outer string holes. Can anyone shine some light on to which models used which style? My body is already drilled for the evenly spaced holes, and luckily I was able to find a bridge for it (seems like this style is dwindling) but it was in chrome, not my preferred nickel.

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Nope. It is an optical illusion in photos caused by the intonation screw spacing: they are offset and make it look as if the mounting holes are off. I checked (and saw the illusion http://www.mojotone.com/fender-75-reissue-jazz-bass-bridge-2119051.jpg) because I knew that Fender standard bridge plates are all the same, even the two saddle tele bridges. They are evenly spaced. Go ahead get your nickel bridge without fear.

3. mbasile

mbasile Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2015
    There are actually two different screw spacings. The back one in this picture is the one that matches the Badass III screw pattern, and my project body, but I can't find it in nickel.

The front one seems to be more result available, and I've found it listed as Squire and Fender. I'm just trying to figure out which screw pattern was on which models.

Attached Files:

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    i'm guessing the "squire" one is gonna be "wrong", that the other one fits real string-through USA fenders.

the older american series, deluxe and standard bridges all fit, too, i believe (maybe not the newest "hi-mass" versions, they have extra screw holes):

3214243794_f47481fc2a.