Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dig on the MTD 7!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by G, Mar 16, 2002.

1. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Alright, there is a used MTD 7 stringer at Bass Central...

The pic is java scrip, so I cant post it here or save it on my pc. Anyway, check it out!

John Turner, are you listening?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, actually i am....

hmmm....

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's sounds very reasonable for a used 7 string MTD with Wenge neck.

4. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    No kidding. Can you believe that price? You can rarely find a used 6 stringer for that! :rolleyes:

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    That is a rare find and a very good price indeed, i wonder if thats Norm Stocktons 7? i know he said he didnt play it much..
    [​IMG]

6. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Stranger things have happened;)

If I were in the market for a killer 7 I would not hesitate to buy that bass... not even for a second.

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
  8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
  9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i wonder what the talkbass discount would be on that one :D

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...yes, it's a VERY nice bass. Used to belong to Jim Hyatt, not Norm Stockton, Adrian. The thing is light as a feather, has a great tone, and plays like a dream.

And it's now sold! Just wrote the invoice up a few minutes ago. Brad, it's going to end up in your neck of the woods: Laurel MD, to be specific.

...he who hesitates is lost, they say...

11. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Chances are I'll see it. Like I said, if I really thought I needed a 7, I would've been all over this one. The funny thing is, I did talk this bass up today in a music store in College Park, which is very close to Laurel. Maybe someone was paying attention;)

I'm having a ball with my 6.

12. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    LOL, if it used to belong to Jim Hyatt then that was my baby hanging on the wall. I traded it to him in a dire time. It was bought fretted, converted to lined epoxied fretless and then Jim sent it to Mike to have it re fretted and the fingerboard re done. How much did my baby sell for?

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Well, if you can prove you had a hand in it, the beer's on me next time you're in O'do! :D You did someone a favor, this thing is very nice.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Ouch, that musta hurt! :(

Yeah, this is that very bass, Jim sent it to us right after Mike T refretted it. If you really want to know what it went for, PM me, I don't want to post prices in an open forum, it's kinda against the rules. I will say this, the guy that bought it got a great deal on a mint condition bass!

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    as everyone was discussing the bass- i was thinking to myself " its probably already sold"- and so it was-
    i thought about ordering a 7- i ordered a 6 instead- i had a Bill Dickens Conklin here for a week- and i guess im just not man enough for 7- it was too much work!! my musical director was looking at me like i was a sucker for punishment.. but i cant wait fot he 6- which mike will assemble when he returns from Germany- i only knew of 3 MTD 7s- this one, Jimmy Haslip's, and Norm Stockton's --- very cool--

16. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    It was definitely mint. I literally played one gig with it. Band broke up and it sat around my apartment. Then....I got hit by a car while riding my bike, broke my wrist and lost 20% of the movement in my left wrist. Now I can't play anything more than a 5. :( Do you know how hard it is to sell a 7 string fretless in Nashville? LOL

It's ok about the price, doesn't really effect me any. :)