Diggin my Peavey CS-800S

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thejohnkim, Jun 2, 2005.

1. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    Just wanted to put out the word on my power amp that seems to be overlooked most of the time.

I just recently upgraded from a Peavey DPC750 to a Peavey CS-800S a couple weeks ago so I can bridge into 4 ohms for a minimal net cost to me.

This thing is 2 rack spaces, just under 23 lbs, 400watts @ 4ohms stereo 1200 @ 4ohms bridged, only gripe i can think of is that its a bit longer than the PLX, but I got a sweet deal on this one.

the gain knobs feel secure and have graduated set points, and it has the peavey ddt system that gives me peace of mind that it has some hardware designed to keep itself from blowing up, so i leave it on all the time, and bridge it into my 4ohm Eden 210xst. It has two fans, i think they're 80mm, and they're dead quiet, no joke. my dpc had a loud fan so this is a welcome upgrade as well.

and lastly i gotta admit that i dig the black face which goes along with the all black look of my roto rack.

here's a blurry shot:

if you ever run across one for your own rig, i'd definitely recommend it.
  2. If those new-fangled 800's are even half as good as the old ones they'd still be great amps. 25 years ago we had 20 CS800's on the house PA and never had a lick of trouble with any of them. They were heavy as hell though. The EPA came in and told us to stop adding amps because that many Peaveys in one place was beginning to effect the rotation of the Earth. :D
  3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I'll say!

And I only had 3-4 at once, but it took two big boys to move the rack around, especially since they were in a road rack that weighed about as much as one of the amps.

Really a great choice. My buddy has a DPC and he likes it a lot. I used a DECA 528 for years on my bi-amp rig. Bulletproof!

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    It's no surprise that amp rocks! Do you know who owns Crest? Peavey! 'Nuff said.