1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digging up corpses

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Mar 23, 2006.

1. No, I'm not engaged in necrophelia!! I was just rumaging around in TB's attic when I stumbled on this thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5432

I couldn't stop laughing. And this is from so long ago most people didn't even have over 1000 posts. Man I laughed hard at this.

Rock on
    Eric

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Mostly the same people...wonder what happened to Biski ...grew up, I suppose!!! ;

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    so who won?

I wish i was smart enough to start playing bass in 1999... I would too be l33t old man of the forum.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I started playing bass in 1973!! :p

5. Well, her website is down, and the email I sent her bounced, so who knows?

Rock on
    Eric

6. She still is a regular at another online forum. I've considered sending something to her in the past, but I doubt she remembers many of us.

edit: i removed the particular website...let her keep some anonymity

7. Oh, I bet she remembers at least me and you. And maybe JT. Go on, send her a message, just asking in general how she is, and maybe an invite back. No pressure, just a friendly "Hi, glad to know you're still alive, how have you been?" kind of thing.

Rock on
    Eric

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    What ever happened to Angus?? Anyone ever here from him anymore??

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

According to his profile, he has at least been on recently, even though he hasn't posted in ages.

Last I heard, Biski was growing up, had a Camaro and a boyfriend. Her boyfriend was paranoid about a lot of her online contacts, and asked her to block most of them on AIM.

What a blast from the past that thread is!

Famous last words!

10. Quiet, belly-itcher. The only reason my post count isn't three times higher is that I had a 1 year hiatus for REAL LIFE. You know, that ugly thing outside the window next to your computer? But now I'm back. I guess I'll never get to leave.:(

Rock on
    Eric

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

You're scaring me!!! Mommy, please make the bad man stop!

There is life outside of this room?:confused:?

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:eek: I've seen the Day Star and Fleshy People :bag: we are better off in here!

13. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    This one goes in for sig consideration.

14. Call me daft but I just didn't realise that some forumites posted for the sake of putting up their 'score'. However, now that I know this it does explain a lot of the posts which appear daily. Wouldn't it be a great idea if the post count was left out? After all, what relevance does it have?

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It seperates the boy from the men.

Indeed boy.

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D

Yes! ...and none, I believe it means absolutely nothing.

17. Bruce Lindfield

You're just jealous cause I've got earliest join date as well!! :p

18. Good idea, I'll see what I can do.

19. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Oh great. I came here because there were reruns on TV and now I find reruns here. Back to the TV...

20. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    post.