Diggler Exposes Himself

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dirk Diggler, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Had some cool pix from last weekends Jazz fest, I wanted to share. Spam away about the clothes, I'm a big boy, I can take it! :) And a picture with a slightly obstructed view of my favorite Flite cabs. Enjoy or don't, you make the call. LOL

2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    what's that wood pile in front of you in the first pic? :p :D

I just can't think of anything too witty for the pants, there is just too much going on. :rolleyes:

I like the tobias. I have always wanted to wank around on one, but there are no good bass shops around here.
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Victor Wooten frowns at your fashion sense. :p
  4. That wood pile in front of me is actually a rubber pile. :) It's a malletkat, our percussionist plays it quite well. The Tobias is just a korean one with frets yanked and 34 coats of poly on the fretboard. The wings on each side are scheduled to be removed in the next week or so, I'm keeping the neck and building my own wings. :) Pix of that resurrection will follow soon.

And actually I think Vic would dig the outfit! LOL
  5. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    You dress like a girl!

(Dale Ladouceur and The Broke Ensemble)

6. Oooo she's cute and has a great fashion sense!
  7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You're rremoving the wings? You could donate them to me, and I could mount them on a carvin NT neck and have meself a new bass... Don't you think that is a great idea???
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  9. Hey Trevorus,
    I would have no problem with that at all. You're more than welcome to them. The top piece is nicer than the bottom wood wise, they never really matched in my opinion. They are 1 3/4 thick solid wood, well except for the control cavity. :)
    I'll try and remember when I saw them off, and save you the cutoff. I'm shooting for just about the pickup edge for the cutoff so I have some spare wood to run through the jointer.
    So you might have to fill in a 1/2 inch or so with other wood, or even cooler you might have a skinnier tobias body. :D
    I'll be in touch.
  10. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Hey Dirkus, me favorite nephew,

Can I have the extra strings that'll be left over when you hack the sides? [​IMG]

Was that the Corning gig? Glad to see you're toning down the sartorial splendor in yer old age!

When you going to bust out a few clips and scare the TB'ers anyway?
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Seriously though...why would you wear such a ghastly ensemble?

brad cook
  12. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Man, I gotta know, what was going through your mind when you thought of matching those pants with that shirt? :eek:

Cools pics BTW!
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Man, those pants. ***?
  14. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Nice pants. Do they come in mens? :D

Hang on to them. I'm convinced they'll come back into fashion soon. :D

(I know what you're thinkin...hundreds of comedians out of work and ur willin to work for free) :bassist:
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    That Bob Frenz bass is so good looking, it's actually possible to take your eyes off of the pants :D
  16. I was hoping the comics of TB would show up! :) Passinwind my favorite Uncle, I'm keeping the extra strings of course. And yes that was the Crystal City Jazz fest in Corning. One of these days I'll post some audio. And Digme seriously the reason why is much like why people climb Mount Everest.... because it's there. :D Mark, I normally try to match but for some reason I decided to break from tradition and throw all matching schemes out the window. And bmc yes they are mens pants bought only 10 years ago, so you're right they're coming back soon, I had someone in the audience yell MC Hammer, please this is Jazz!

I was hoping more of the focus would be on the axes, but that's OK I can laugh at myself too. LOL
  17. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Nice bass, but it's hard to focus with those pants. Seriously. Just ghastly. They're like 80s parachute pants with food poisoning.
  18. My god man...what the devil are you wearing?
  19. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Dirkus, I know most people on TB don't know you, but I have to say, that might be the most conservative outfit I've ever seen you in. AND by the way, your Frenz sound awesome!!!!!