1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diggler would've been put away for life.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Jun 9, 2007.

1. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topsto...objectid=19257915&siteid=89520-name_page.html

A SOLDIER was due to appear in court today charged with illegal possession of ammunition.

Private Christopher Trussler, 27, of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment, was arrested yesterday after allegedly selling 21 9mm bullets to an undercover detective.

He was detained at the 2nd Battalion's base in Chichester, West Sussex, by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Trident unit which probes black on black gun crime.

The bullets, originally Army ammunition, could have been fired from dozens of handguns and machine-guns.

The private's arrest follows a three-month investigation.​

21 rounds!!!! ZOMG the streets are going to run in blood!!!!

Diggler, you're gunna be sooooo screwed if we had laws like that over here.

2. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects

[...good! If they're looking at Diggler, maybe they won't notice the - what? - 5,000 or so rounds currently residing in the bottom of my closet...

That's right, keep watching Diggler, he's the dangerous one...]

Nice weather we're having, ain't it? ;) :p :D

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    what's this got to do with Diggler? Is he a gun runner or something?

4. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Diggler's not a gun runner. He's a firearm enthusiast.

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Nah. That's not even enough for one mass college shooting.

6. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    the brits are insane. 21 rounds is nothing...I could go through that in 2 minutes with a single shot, bolt action rifle, and hit every target. That's not enough for a war, and since it's going to an undercover COP geez why even give a d*mn?

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario

Why are we being alarmed that this guy was selling ammo illegally? He broke the law in a very serious way, and for a f'n soldier, should know better.

21 bullets isn't nothing, 21 bullets is 21 illegally sold bullets is 21 possibilities of someone dying. There's a damn good reason this stuff is regulated, and THIS statement:
    is one of the dumbest I've ever seen on TalkBass. People GIVE A DAMN because he's perpetuating the illegal sale and availability of ammunition and firearms. People GIVE A DAMN because it could be their kid that gets shot working at a convenience store, or walking away from an ATM at night with a fat pocket of cash. People GIVE A DAMN because he's a SOLDIER and should know BETTER than to not sell this **** on the ****ing streets!

8. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    You're being far too rational for this thread. ;)

Didn't you even comprehend the devastating logic in the post above yours? The fact that Adler can fire 21 rounds with presumably deadly accuracy in 2 minutes clearly demonstrates that such a paltry quantity of ammunition is completely harmless and should be freely available to anybody here who wishes to illegally purchase it from members of our armed forces. Police action on this is only necessary if quantities sufficient for starting a war are involved.

9. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    He's not perpetuating the availability of firearms.

10. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    ok let me clarify, by target I do not mean person.

Now, 21 rounds means jack to me because anyone who was seriously thinking of being a terrorist would want MORE THAN 21 rounds. Also, if they couldn't get that, they'd find some other way to do what they want. If someone wanted 21 rounds to murder someone, they don't really need 21 rounds. They could use a knife, bow/arrow, etc. The point I was trying to make, is that bullets don't kill people, people kill people. Geez why do the brits even have guns outlawed? Americans seem to do fine with guns, so why not brits?

11. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Oh. Well, that's okay then.

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    He broke the law. If he was brokering phoptocopy toners from his office it would be the same.

There's no difference really.

13. Another bloody gun thread.....

View attachment 60824

Less guns needs less bullets needs less people to die.

Each to their own

14. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    So, if he was buying thousands of rounds to be a terrorist, or just one round to murder somebody, that would be a problem, but twenty-one rounds is okay?

Yeah. But sometimes, they do it with bullets.

I'm not so sure about Americans doing fine with guns. :eek: Opinions will of course differ on that, but that argument's been done to death here. anyway. But the fact is we DO have stricter gun controls over here. I'm NOT defending or justifying that here - hell, I'm not convinced that our current legislation is the way to tackle gun problems and they ARE getting worse in this country - but the fact is, it's the law over here and military personnel should not be illegally selling ammunition. How hard is that to understand?

Do you really think we should just let this soldier sell bullets to who he likes, when he likes? If you do, who do you think we should get to decide what other laws we have that don't need to be enforced?

15. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Well, illegal is illegal, true.

On the other hand, kids aren't killing each other with photocopy toner.

16. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You obviously live in a nice place, Bill. ;)

17. lol

18. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Yeah. It IS a problem here. :(

Your truly
    TB Wolf ;)

But hey, isn't Manchester the capital of gun crime over here? I know that's true, I saw it on the Harry Enfield show! :D

What's a Yorkie like you doing in Manchester, by the way? (Two assumptions there, based, I think, on TB info - please correct me if I'm wrong)

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Completing my MA at UoM (English Lit). Today is the last day. Tomorrow I start work. Holy ****!

20. EH BY GUM LAD

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021