1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diggler would've been put away for life.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Jun 9, 2007.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    You mean you've done a Masters in Eng. Lit. and you still GOT A JOB??!! :D

Have fun with that tomorrow, anyway. I'm interested - let me know what you're doing and how it goes this week, yes?

2. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    That's EE, BAH GUM. But you were close.

3. Yep, hard one to write but heard that many times from the oldies here. Daft, choof and many other interesting slag words.

4. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Oh rly? :smug:

5. That repost wasn't intentional, the internet connection here died on me, I had no idea how to type it, however that google fight was very funny.

6. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Cool. :D

G'day!

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Shrimp! Barbie!

8. eh Gov, Nigels bringin the mota around the beck the daft choof.

eeerr what you looken et

I love the english slang, Kenny Everett did it well with the biker routine.

I noticed we still get the old English comedies but they cut love thy neighbor. one guess why....

I'll have half....

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    This actually made me laugh.

You know what I discovered yesterday? That EVERY DAY in America, an average of EIGHT people under the age of 18 are killed by firearms. That isn't even out of the whole population, just the under 18s. In fact, around 80 people are killed in gun related incidents in America every day.

In Britain? Around 50 per year.

Anyone spot the difference? And yes, I realise that there is a population difference between America and Britain, but it is nowhere NEAR big enough to explain this.

:rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

10. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    This has been thoroughly discussed already.

11. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    And how many of them are gang members or criminals who had it coming?

Although I don't have any guns or ammo. Guns are icky. So nope, no ammo here, please don't have the bobbies arrest me...

12. There seems to be more focus on the UK doing ok without the guns than USA doing bad with. Smoke screen yet again?

The standard police in the UK don't even carry guns, and no major nation meltdown because of it. How can that be a bad thing?

Sure there are special cops with guns and their response times so I hear are excellent.

Where's the problem?

13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Their response time isn't as fast as mine would be.

And I carry more than 21 rounds....

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Yeah, but I would imagine you show the good sense not to sell them to blokes on the street.

Adler, get your head out of your ass. Not every criminal is a terrorist, some are just criminals.

15. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    Who cares?

Let's re-post arguments that have been used countless times and when we run out of those let the flaming begin!

OT rocks! :D

16. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Dude broke the law. Doesn't matter if it was a stupid law. He broke the law just the same.

Now, where's my Ruger Blackhawk? -- I need to get to the range!

17. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Bah, enjoy, I've already argued about this too much to care anymore ;)

18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

Well of course I would! I need those! :D

Edit: For those that didn't get it, the point of the original post was "thank god we don't have stupid laws like that over here!" Diggler would have plenty of company, just from those of us on TB!

19. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Actually, the original post was kind of inaccurate while referring to me; I wouldn't be caught selling. If there were laws like that here, I'd be a stockpiler, not a dealer. I'm a consumer, not a provider. I can't remember ever selling gun-related stuff. I traded a few times, but I hate to do that too.

Selling ammo? Why would you do that? If I somehow have ammo for a gun I don't own, the solution is simple... buy a gun to fire the ammo!

I will say that ordering 3k-5k rounds of centerfire ammo at a time isn't the best way to become the UPS guy's favorite customer. :D

20. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    The point is that is ISN'T a stupid law. Guns are illegal, so therefore selling guns/ammo etc is illegal along with that. Therefore, not a stupid law.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021