Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digi 001

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Nails, May 9, 2001.

1. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    I'm looking for anyone with some 001 knowledge. I just ordered a Mac G4 (dual 533s, 256 ram, 40 gig hd, zip 250, cdrw) and I'm planning on getting digi-001 to start recording. What I'm curious about is do I have to use the breakout box with it? I'm wanting to use XLR inputs, not the 1/4" ones on the back of the breakout box. I was thinking of either getting one of the digital I/Os that are used for TDM systems, but the only one that has XLR inputs costs 3,000, and I don't have that amount of cash to spend on that. Or I could get a digital board w/ XLRs on it. I only need 8 inputs, if that's of any consideration. Also is there anyway I could set the board up as a controller, similar to the motor mix or something of that sort? I don't think there is, but if you know of a way let me know.