1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digi Tech XBD mod???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lobamon, Sep 28, 2010.

1. lobamon

lobamon

Mar 4, 2009
    I recently got a digi tech XBD bass driver. After having in a while and not using it a while I plugged it in the other day to try to really figure out what is is that I dont like about it these days.

I like the blend feature and the tone is fairly responsive... It just seems to be too fizzy and compressed for my taste. My friend came over the other day and brought a TS-9 that he modded for bass and it was exactly the kind of distortion/OD sound that I'm after.
    Does anyone out there know what I need to do to 'open up' my XBD. I love modding and don't want to go and spend more $$ on a pedal. It seems like I should be able to change cap/resistor values to lower the threshold of the MORPH knob. Any ideas?

I might just open it up and start experimenting with cap/resistor values just to see what I get.