Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digidelay or Guyatone MD3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by karter2000, Feb 10, 2006.

1. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Hello,

I'm trying to decide on which delay to get, and I've narrowed it down to the Digitech Digidelay or the Guyatone MD3. It's not something that I'll use much, so I don't want to spend too much money.

I would also like to get a Marshall Echohead, but they are not available here yet.

Thanks,

Lyle

2. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    At my practice place, the guitarist from the band that always play before us asked us the other day if we were interested in buying a few pedals.

Im buying the digidelay off him for £40 hopefully

I dont need an overly complicated delay pedal seeing as though i probably wont use it too much, but it should do the job for what i need.. if i get it before you make your mind up ill post what i think of it

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    The Digitech is way more flexible but the Guyatone sounds better, IMO. If you plan on only using one setting, go for the MD-3. If you want lots of modes to choose from, the Digitech will give them to you. I own a MD-3 and it's great for what I need it for. Good luck.

4. i'd go with the MD3 as well for the same reasons as the post above this one!

5. I found that my digidelay completely sucks tone, worse than any other pedal I've heard. I'm getting a dd3 in the mail now to replace it.

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I searched from a some time for the right delay and the MD3 proved to be the one for me. It doesn't suck tone at all, it's well made and it sounds great. It has everything I need for delay on bass.

7. PatrickEdmonds

PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    Just got my marshal echohead. Really nice for bass. Best with single note picking stuff and melodic parts. Really nice and much cheaper than the boss pedals.

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a Digidelay (and a Fender DGL-1). I couldn't get past the rubber gasket construction of the Guyatone. It looks really cheap. All inexpensive delays are digital and are sorta noisy. They all suck tone too.

9. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

+1 on the little MD3.

The gasket thing does'nt faze me, never use batteries anyway. Does anyone else think the whole idea of batteries in pedals is grossly inefficient and unreliable?

10. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Batteries in digital delays are a waste of money. In fact, most digital pedals will suck a battery dry in a few minutes. Adaptors are the way to go, IMO. Also, I was a bit concerned with the gasket issue on the Guyatone too. If you use a pedalboard and don't move your pedals around a lot, it should be fine. Good luck.

11. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Thanks everyone for the replies!

I'll probably get the Guyatone, as I really liked it when I tried it the other night. Just a question though, does anyone know where to get one in Canada for a decent price?

Thanks,

Lyle

12. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    anybody know of any website that ship to england that sell guyatone pedals??

13. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida