1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digital 8-Track conversion

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MiniMoNK_17, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Ok, I got a zip disk that i pulled out of my digital 8-track for my band....trying to put the zip disk into my friends computer and this is what I see, i thought it would be a WAV file but...whatever

...How exactly would I be able to rip that and play it? Tried running it through Windows Media Player because *.VS? is Visio file, but only two files gave any sound, and they were very high-pitched frequencies. Any help would be appreciated.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It might be helpful to know what 8-track...

3. I don't know the exact model off hand. It's a Roland, similar to the VS-89HD, has a 100 mb Zip disk in it, it's 8 X 8 tracks...tried recording a song, pulling out the zip disk. But when I booted it up on the computer i saw that it was split into 37 seperate files...I'm curious as if there's some software that comes with the mixer to complie the files back into a WAV file.

4. Actually, it's a Boss BR8...is there any software for it?

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  6. Thank you very much for the help.