Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digital 8-Track conversion

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MiniMoNK_17, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Ok, I got a zip disk that i pulled out of my digital 8-track for my band....trying to put the zip disk into my friends computer and this is what I see, i thought it would be a WAV file but...whatever

...How exactly would I be able to rip that and play it? Tried running it through Windows Media Player because *.VS? is Visio file, but only two files gave any sound, and they were very high-pitched frequencies. Any help would be appreciated.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It might be helpful to know what 8-track...

3. I don't know the exact model off hand. It's a Roland, similar to the VS-89HD, has a 100 mb Zip disk in it, it's 8 X 8 tracks...tried recording a song, pulling out the zip disk. But when I booted it up on the computer i saw that it was split into 37 seperate files...I'm curious as if there's some software that comes with the mixer to complie the files back into a WAV file.

4. Actually, it's a Boss BR8...is there any software for it?

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  6. Thank you very much for the help.