Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digital Audio Recorders? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Farin, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Hey guys, So does anyone have suggestions for a good Portable Digital Recorder? I need something like a MD or DAT recorder for recording performances/college classes/ect. The problem, is I'm looking for a good recorder that will allow me to record, and then send those WAV files to my computer so I could burn them? Has anyone heard of such a device? What do you guys use?

2. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    It's a little pricey, but it's right up your alley.

3. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain

Most mp3 players come with some kind of encoding features. Either a mic input or a line in. It all depends on the quality you are looking for. But if 2 track is all you need it should be enough. The final quality will depend on then mic quality

4. tall dave

tall dave

Mar 19, 2005
    How many tracks do you need to record?
    Are you just going to set up a few room mic's?
    What is your spending limit?
    Do you have any mic's, or any existing?

5. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm just looking for a handheld device that will make decent recordings. Id like to spend under 200 or around that.

6. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain

I will be getting this week an Iriver mp3 player for similar purposes.

It has a built in mic, as most mp3 players do, but it also has a line in so I can record direct from the mixer. It holds 1Gb.

If you only need mic input, you should be able to get a decent mp3 player for $80 or lesss with 512Mb. It should give better quality than any tape recorder with a mic on board. Nothing pro, but good enough to listen to and archive.

7. There are many used MD player/recorders and used mics all over the internet.....shouldn't be a problem