1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digital / Electronic Drum Kits

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mattsk42, Feb 19, 2008.

1. four2oh

four2oh

Mar 29, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    i recently snagged my dad's old Roland TD-7 electronic kit, and that thing is killer! you can find them pretty cheap now a days. Great for practicing with headphones, or cranking up on the PA and pissing off the neighbors.

2. Any new thoughts on this old thread. I am still looking but things seem to be a lot cheaper now than they were. Thanks!

3. My 2 cents: In my originals band, the drummer plays a $500 Roland kit(can't recall the model #)- it sounds great all by itself, but has a smattering of reverb on everything, which cannot be dialed out. This translates to a certain amount of *mud* when playing live that does not go away- it tends to make an acoustically very good room mediocre. Other than that they sound very good, w/nice sensitivity & ocnvincing overall tone(I believe the sounds are samples of real drums).
    Something to consider for anyone planning on using the drums live.

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I bought a Yamaha DTExplorer set. They must be closing them out, cause they can be found for around $500.00 shipped. It comes with a kick pedal (not fancy, but solid.) Just plug and play. It doesn't have an extensive group of sounds but I like them. It has several reverb settings and an adjustable mix for every one. You can play completely dry/huge aircraft hanger or anything in between.

5. use your bass rig for amplification.

tell me about it as far as the digital/electronic. It's so great as far as customizing sounds, kits, importing wavs, etc. That and as a drummer you don't have to beat the $H!T out of your set to get "your sound"!

6. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I bought myself the Roland TD-4S about 3 months ago and I love it. The mesh head snare is fantastic, the presets are very useful (25 kits to start with) and the entire thing can be very easily adjusted to make virtually endless kits, tunings, effects, sensitivity, etc ... . In addition, everything is VERY solid and sturdy, which I was concerned about going with e-drums.