Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digital Equilizers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Intrepid, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Anybody know of a digital eq that I could use to save eq settings in hopefully a pedal form...that way I could have the slap eq, or the mellow eq all at the touch of a button? I only need an EQ...know jizzy jazzy crap...how much would this cost by the way?

2. Here's a tip; Stay away from digital!... It's so very cold outside the security of anolog and tube devices.

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I don't think there are any stomp boxes like that, but the dbx Digital Dynamics Processor is a good rack unit.

I think there are some TC Electronics units that have programmable EQ as well.

Behringer has a couple units, but they are notoriously awkward to use.

4. Bigfeet, MMMMUUWUHHHahhAAHAa, LMAO!

You should hear my fully digital, full Hifi stack!

Not bragging or anything. And yeah, I know, it's in the eye of the beholder.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    You rock Donne...

6. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    great!!

7. I have a Boss GEB-7 Bass EQ for sale in the classified section... it should do what you want. I used to store a decent slap setting in there for whenever i needed it.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Really....hum cuz I don't really need an "advanced eq" cuz its actually got more bands then I really need...its so very nice though...very expensive, I found one on ebay for over $200 and it's reserve was not met....

Edit: Hold up...thats not digital though...I really need to have it as a digital so I can save eq settings...

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    ?? The Boss EQ-20 is indeed digital, and you can save patches on it.

It's seems like a pretty decent unit at a decent price. It's listed at just under $300, and would probably do fine in most cases. But "Professional sound quality using superb A/D-D/A converters" as Roland puts it makes me giggle a bit.

*** is "professional sound quality" anyway?

10. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
  11. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The Boss EQ-20 will do exactly what you want. I believe that it will save 10 presets and is all digital. It is pricey though. Keep your eye out though, MusiciansFriend.com has it for $199 new with a 30 or 45 day return ploicy if you don't like it and I have found that you can find stuff cheaper in classifieds that on EBAY (Too many people ABLE to get the same thing-SUPPLY and DEMAND) The GEB-7 mentioned is only a graphic eq pedal and will not save any presets. My only concern though is the frequencies that the EQ-20 is set at in that most of the frequency range is not set towards Bass. This may limit your ability to fine tune those mids or whatever you like. I would imagine that it will do the trick though I have never played thru one.

3-3-02:
    THE EQ-20 EQ FREQUENCIES ARE PERFECT FOR BASS. NEVERMIND.

12. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE EQ-20 FREQUENCIES. APPARENTLY MOST OF THE EQ-20 EQ BANDS ARE SET FOR BASS AS MEMBER DONNE POINTED OUT FOR ME. THANK YOU DONNE.

THE EQ BANDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    30HZ
    60HZ
    120HZ
    200HZ
    400HZ
    800HZ
    1.6kHZ
    3.2kHZ
    6.4kHZ
    12.8kHZ

13. Try this one:

Roland AP-700 Professional equalizing processor.

stereo 18-band parametric with automatic/dynamic MIC feedback suppressor
    - or -
    stereo 31-band graphic
    - or -
    mono 91-band graphic

I got one in my rack.....

[​IMG]

14. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001