1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digital Equilizers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Intrepid, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Anybody know of a digital eq that I could use to save eq settings in hopefully a pedal form...that way I could have the slap eq, or the mellow eq all at the touch of a button? I only need an EQ...know jizzy jazzy crap...how much would this cost by the way?

2. Here's a tip; Stay away from digital!... It's so very cold outside the security of anolog and tube devices.

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I don't think there are any stomp boxes like that, but the dbx Digital Dynamics Processor is a good rack unit.

I think there are some TC Electronics units that have programmable EQ as well.

Behringer has a couple units, but they are notoriously awkward to use.

4. Bigfeet, MMMMUUWUHHHahhAAHAa, LMAO!

You should hear my fully digital, full Hifi stack!

Not bragging or anything. And yeah, I know, it's in the eye of the beholder.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    You rock Donne...

6. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    great!!

7. I have a Boss GEB-7 Bass EQ for sale in the classified section... it should do what you want. I used to store a decent slap setting in there for whenever i needed it.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Really....hum cuz I don't really need an "advanced eq" cuz its actually got more bands then I really need...its so very nice though...very expensive, I found one on ebay for over $200 and it's reserve was not met....

Edit: Hold up...thats not digital though...I really need to have it as a digital so I can save eq settings...

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    ?? The Boss EQ-20 is indeed digital, and you can save patches on it.

It's seems like a pretty decent unit at a decent price. It's listed at just under $300, and would probably do fine in most cases. But "Professional sound quality using superb A/D-D/A converters" as Roland puts it makes me giggle a bit.

*** is "professional sound quality" anyway?

10. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
  11. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The Boss EQ-20 will do exactly what you want. I believe that it will save 10 presets and is all digital. It is pricey though. Keep your eye out though, MusiciansFriend.com has it for $199 new with a 30 or 45 day return ploicy if you don't like it and I have found that you can find stuff cheaper in classifieds that on EBAY (Too many people ABLE to get the same thing-SUPPLY and DEMAND) The GEB-7 mentioned is only a graphic eq pedal and will not save any presets. My only concern though is the frequencies that the EQ-20 is set at in that most of the frequency range is not set towards Bass. This may limit your ability to fine tune those mids or whatever you like. I would imagine that it will do the trick though I have never played thru one.

3-3-02:
    THE EQ-20 EQ FREQUENCIES ARE PERFECT FOR BASS. NEVERMIND.

12. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE EQ-20 FREQUENCIES. APPARENTLY MOST OF THE EQ-20 EQ BANDS ARE SET FOR BASS AS MEMBER DONNE POINTED OUT FOR ME. THANK YOU DONNE.

THE EQ BANDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    30HZ
    60HZ
    120HZ
    200HZ
    400HZ
    800HZ
    1.6kHZ
    3.2kHZ
    6.4kHZ
    12.8kHZ

13. Try this one:

Roland AP-700 Professional equalizing processor.

stereo 18-band parametric with automatic/dynamic MIC feedback suppressor
    - or -
    stereo 31-band graphic
    - or -
    mono 91-band graphic

I got one in my rack.....

[​IMG]

14. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001