Digital Mixers

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Vic Winters, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Jul 16, 2010
    Denver
    My behringer xair x18 is controlled by my ipad, surface tablet, laptop, android phone, and iphones. It is compatible with everything I have or band mates have.

2. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    I made a test of Behringer X-Air the other day using a $30 Android TV box where I connected a 24" touchscreen LCD display. Worked very well over wifi. Probably the biggest tablet you'll ever seen LOL!!!

s0c9 and kittywithabanjo like this.
  3. Dp1363

Dp1363

Jan 8, 2011
    South Jersey US
    I have a X32 RACK. It can be controlled by an iPad or laptop. The software to run it looks different on each.

4. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    We use the Harman/Soundcraft ui24r which runs the intercase via a built-in class-compliant web server. Provided you have a modern class-conpliant browser you can cinnect from pretty much any device. I've used Windows 7 and 10 laptops running Firefox and IE, my current and previous Android phones and a really cheap tablet all running chrome on various Android releases. We also use an industrialised Android tablet for gigs, and the singer has used her iPhone on the one occasion the tablet failed. There are two 'skin' options, one optimised for sub 7" and the other for 10"+ screens. Because the web server is class-compliant there are no plug-ins or browser extensions necessary on the client devices.

4Mal likes this.
  5. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    To clarify .. it has nothing to do being "class compliant".
    The UI24 has an embedded web (http) server that has a built-in HTML5 console interface (web app).
    ANY device that has a web browser that supports HTML5 can connect to it and run the console! And they will ALL look the same!
    Literally ANY device that can connect!
    It's the one advantage that it has over every other small/rack format digital console!

JRA and SteveCS like this.
  6. Lowfader

Lowfader

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    I downloaded & installed the firmware and Mackie Master Fader 5 on my DL1608. It doesn’t recognize the mixer. You have to go in and select the DL1608. First job out in July, was recording & mixing on the iPad connected to the mixer. Halfway through the 2nd song I lost all the meters and the recording stopped. I stepped out front & the sound was still working. I shut everything down at break time and restarted. Now I reverted back to Master Fader 4. The only thing I’m missing is being able to run on a windows laptop and I don’t use that anyway.

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    my preferred mixing platform. I own 2 units and can run them linked. Dell touch screen PC is my FOH station. Very customizable UI. There is a device specific setting that enables multiple browser sessions to follow the current channel selection. So the displays below are all sync'ed to a channel. It's a very happening box! Main faders plus channel EQ, Channel Comp, Gate, Contribution to auxes. The Aux contribution will also swap with EFX sends.
    BB886F38-F0A6-43CF-B993-4A88A4DCC4C7.jpeg 3AC742CB-BF61-47A3-B39F-312B5C4E78FB.jpeg

DonaldR, SteveCS and JRA like this.
  8. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    Looks very familiar. Can't wait to get back out and see it again 'in the flesh', so to speak.

9. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    oh yeah!

SteveCS likes this.
  10. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    What's the screen size?

11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    the dell is a 21.5" all in one touch screen Win 10 PC. low powered with an low end AMD processor. Open box at Best Buy about $400. Have a $70 case from Gator for transport. I use Chrome on it.

DonaldR and s0c9 like this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021