Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digital Multi Track

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Mar 30, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Hi this summer I will be getting my new laptop and I would like to record my own songs onto it I have access to the lastest music progs such as cubase and cakewalk but I need an interface between my bass and the computer. So far I have found the tascam us224, roland u8, zoom ps-02 and korg pxr4.

I only need at most to be able to record bass and guitar at the same time but the laptop I'm getting has a smart card port on it so if i was to get the zoom or the korg I could transfer songs very quickly between the unit and the computer.

But I would have to edit using the mouse but if I got the roland or the tascam I would have a huge space for recording and would be able to edit using the mixing board but the roland I heard u could only use the supplied versions of cubasic and cakewalk but I think I read the tascam can be used with lots of programs making it very useful but so far I have been unable to find a price for it I'm looking to spend no more than $300 because thats how much the roland costs and that seems to be the most fuly featured.

I'm just looking for opinions and people that have used theses units I'm not looking to make high quality music just want to be able to make my own songs and demos that sort of thing I will be using computers to fill the drums, keyboards and other instruments so it's only got to be able to record guitar and bass simultaniously if anybody's got any other ideas of what to use let me know.

Thanx in advance