1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digital Recording Question: Using Cubase & MP3s

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by socialleper, May 20, 2018.

1. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I hope there is an easy fix to this:
    I have an old copy of Cubase 4LE that came with my Presonus Firebox. I'm not wiz at this, so it services my simple needs. The problem I'm running into is that if I import an MP3 of a drum loop I know to be 100bps, and set the track temp to 100, somehow it warps the MP3 so it is out of time and sounds stretched out. If the loop is 5 seconds long, and I move it to be that long in the interface, it still sounds warped and doesn't sync up the the time.
    I did this years ago with this same piece of software, so I know there is a way to get the Temp and time of the loop synced, but for the life of me, I can remember what it is?

Can anyone help?

2. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    There will be a setting called tempo detect or beatmatch or something like that which determines behaviour when importing audio.
    I use Mixcraft, and in previous versions, I started with (version 5), it was easily visible in the sound editor window. In the latest version 8 it is set when you create a new project and buried in a menu if you want to change it later. I had the same issue you had until I found the off switch...

socialleper likes this.