1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digital vs. Analog...I Need to Lose the Hiss!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rickreyn, Jun 29, 2007.

1. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I have some recording coming up and would like to have the effects I have on my Tone Works PX48, but the sound people don't like the hiss at my church (and I know it won't work recorded either). Do I need to go with a series of stomp boxes or is there a digital effects board out there that will work?

2. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    You might consider recording dry, and adding effects later if you want or need them.

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    If you really like the effects that you have been using, but you want to get rid of the noise, check out an ISP Decimator, Boss NS-2 or a Rocktron Hush. They are all more or less transparent and can be found for relatively little cash on the used market. Good luck with the recording.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021