1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

digitech bass overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by th30nlyAket, Oct 1, 2010.

1. th30nlyAket

th30nlyAket

Sep 24, 2010
    I found this pedal cheap but I wonder if I should get it. I have a boss bass overdrive(odb3). Will the digitech be the same tone range my boss seems more fuzz and I want a pedal that's more overdrive

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I have both in my bag of redundant pedals. The digitech is much nicer sounding than the box of wasps that it the Boss. Not so fizzy and a bit warmer. It has a emulated 4x12 cab output that can warm things up a bit more.

TBH though, it's still not great. It still doesn't sound or behave like a natural over drive, there's better options out there. If you want an inexpensive low gain, warm overdrive then the Digitech Bad Monkey may serve you better.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The digitech bass driver can easily give you a warm overdrive sound if you set the morph control(which is the gain control) at a lower setting. this pedal has a wide range of sound. it can go from a warm overdrive to an extreme distortion. if it's warm overdrive sounds you want, you'll be getting your moneys worth with this pedal.

4. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    I second the bad monkey. Great pedal for a very low price, they usually sell for around $30 used.

5. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
  6. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    I was just messing with my Bass Driver last night. Lots of sounds can be made with it, and the only problem I ever had with it was the battery hookup breaking. But, I took it back to the store under warranty and they handed me a new one, and the new battery hookups are much better. I say if you like the price, go for it.

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I've had exactly the same thing with two of my digitechs. One of the metal 'studs' pulled out of the battery clips with the battery. Wasn't happy!

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I don't use effects much but bought one of these a while back and always liked the sound. Actually thought it sounded a lot more natural than others I tried. Maybe "warmer" is the the right word.

9. Krakmann

Krakmann

Jan 6, 2009
    Madrid (Spain)
    Salud!

I liked the sounds of the Digitech, but it's far too noisy for my taste (not so much as the Boss). I didn't get it and went for the Fulltone OCD.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021