Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech Bass squeeze

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by r05c03, Aug 16, 2005.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    This is directed to anyone who owns and Digitech Bass Squeeze. I just recently picked one up and the manual seem kind of light on detail. I am kind of confused what the X-over knob does. I understand that it adjust the amount of frequency from the low to high band, but what the hell, in practice, does that mean?

2. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Personally, I don't care, i live by the rule "If you can't get a decent sound of it in 5 minutes don't waste your money on it", i have owned it about 3 weeks now and i'm getting rid of it.

3. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    I never said that I did not get a decent sound out of it. I want to understand how it works. Knowing this will actually allow me to tinker in meaningful manner and shape the sound I want. Thanks for the suggestion though. I am sorry it did not work out for you.

4. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    :) I saw a thread when i did search some time ago about how all the knobs worked

5. I used to own one. The x-over knob controls the frequency point where the signal is split to be sent to either hi band or lo band, for the two seperate compressors it has. The range of the knob is from 100Hz to 3KHz.

6. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I use mine with the crossover at minimum (100Hz), the low comp at 12:00 & the high comp at 9:00. This way it maintains a consistent amount of low frequencies in my sound whether I play a low B, high up on the G string or slap.

Give it a go.