1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DIGITECH BASS SYNTH WAH or IBANEZ SB7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KrispyJones, Jun 27, 2007.

1. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    hi guys

Can anybody compare these two ?
    DIGITECH BASS SYNTH WAH or IBANEZ SB7

does anybody have a soundsample of both ?

thanks for your help guys in advance

chris

2. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    please help me guys, i tired the search function but found online rapidshare files which were no longer availible.
    just a sample from those two ?

please

3. I own the BSW and it is one funky pedal! here are some soundclips:
    http://www.digitech.com/products/xseriesflash/BassSynth.html

and the company blurb
    http://www.digitech.com/products/BassSW.htm

and the old TB reviews.
    http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/138/cat/15

I don't know much about the ibanez SB7, but I did some digging and came up with:

Blurb and a few soundclips:
    http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/effects/page/sb7.html

No TB reviews for this one, sorry.

Try checking harmony central and musicians friend for review of both.

I bought the BSW as a "blind buy" going only on reviews and the soundclips above. I can safely say that I am entirely satisfied!

also, the dual outputs of the BSW are a little confusing, but outputting from output 1 is what you'd expect from a pedal: clean when off, wet when on. When both outputs are plugged in, the way the outputs works completely changes and I still don't fully understand it.

So all in all, based entirely on my personal experiance, go for the DIgitech Bass Synth Wah!

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Ever checked the company websites?

I've used a Digitech BSW before, so I can tell you the clips are pretty accurate.

One thing they won't note very clearly is the sub-octave feature. Most people who have them on TB, bought them just for that feature, because it reportedly tracks very well for the price and sounds great.

I haven't used the Ibanez synth pedal, though it does sound good in the clips. For both of these pedals, it would be a good idea to read the descriptions and comparisons to make up for what you can't find in the samples.

5. lowrumble

lowrumble ********ed Specs of Fender

Jul 17, 2006
    Portland, OR
    I have the SB7 and I love it. It sounds very warm and provides a lot of adjustability. I had a Digitech RP50 as a guitar effect and after having fun playing with it for a while, quickly tired of the "digitalness" of its various sounds. (I later tried and ditched a PodXT for the same reason.)

I don't know if the Digitech stompboxes suffer similarly, but the Ibanez SB7 definitely does not. It's harder to find though; I had to order one online and untested, but it didn't disappoint.

6. hoerni

hoerni

Jun 4, 2007
    NJ
    I love my SB7! It's a pretty versatile pdal that is super touch responsive. Some Envelope filters just triggerthe sweep above the threshold, but the SB7 responds to the levels by moving the filter center. There are some settings for sweep, but I don't know exactly how they interact with the touch responsiveness.

Haven't tried the digitech, but I have the phaser from that line and dig it (envelop crontrolled phase - wahoo!)

7. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
  8. I just picked up a Digitech BSW and I am really diggin it, specially coupled with my Bad Monkey! Gets real greasy!!!

9. cathal

cathal

Mar 21, 2007
    London, England.
    can someone post some ehx BMS or Ibanez SB-7 samples

please

10. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    You can find BMS samples, search, I was just listening to some I found here yesterday

11. Between those two...BSW all the way :bassist:

12. ChocolateTV

ChocolateTV

Sep 23, 2006
    Of these two I'd say the SB7 every time! I also think the Boss SYB-5 gets a hard time. It sounds great but has tracking issues. If you're not playing super-fast lines then it beats both of these hands down IMHO. It's also the only true synth pedal of the three. Plus can be picked up cheaply secondhand. If tracking is an issue, get the SB7.

13. I guess it depends on ones goals and needs. I bought mine funky effects - filter and filter dub. I never tried the BOSS pedal, it may well be worthy. I did demo the SB7, and the BSW beat it hands down...for my needs.

I don't know if I would buy the BSW or the SB7 if my needs were primarily for synth effects. In this case, the BOSS pedal may well better suited to the task.

On a side note, the BSW doubles as a great octave pedal.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021