Digitech Bass Synth Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chips, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Gday guys,

Well, what are your thoughts on this pedal? I'm basically looking for some strange tones to use in a heavy prog type setting in my band. And some square wave stuff too, but without a whole heap of swelling or modulation. Sort of a Muse type sound from Our Time Is Running out.

Will this pedal do this?.... And ive got a big muff to run some fuzz with it and will hopefully be getting a Depth Charge soon too....

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Running some sort of fuzz is needed. In that song, you can get that tone with just a fretless bass and a fuzz really. The envelope filter setting on the digitech bsw is what i use. Its good for funk, i think its too 'happy' sounding for a heavy setting.

I dont think you need this to get the tone you are after, really.
  3. kool. Yeh just a fuzz with a blend pot would get close, but i like that synthy sound with it that chris gets. Like in hysteria aswell.

I tried the BSW with a muff before it, but i didnt really have much time to experiment. This week i will be trying out a bassballs, and then try it with fuzz, and try the BSW again.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmm, yeah I hate the autowah setting on the BSW... too thin, and if I give it a fat enough sound, it sounds really bad. BUUUT the other effects are interesting, plus it has an awesome octave effect. THAT with a fuzz should get you pretty close.
  5. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    While I like my BSW, I don't think the majority of its effects are very usable in a band setting. Its arsenal of synth sounds is a bit limited and it doesn't seem to offer any Muse-esque sounds. I also found only one sound that could be considered "fuzzy" and still had some bottom end. I also have a Zoom B2 and its synth sounds are nothing to write home either about albeit better than the BSW's. I think I need to look around some more until I come across a truly great synth effects pedal. :meh:
  6. I have extreme gas for a Deep Impact, but the prices they go for on ebay are rediculous. :(
    Hopefully a bassballs will provide a decent fuzzy synthish sound for me.
  7. Tried the bassballs today with my muff (both russian) and got some cool sounds, so im picking that up on friday. Though i think i might try the BSW one more time...