1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech Bass Synth Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chips, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Gday guys,

Well, what are your thoughts on this pedal? I'm basically looking for some strange tones to use in a heavy prog type setting in my band. And some square wave stuff too, but without a whole heap of swelling or modulation. Sort of a Muse type sound from Our Time Is Running out.

Will this pedal do this?.... And ive got a big muff to run some fuzz with it and will hopefully be getting a Depth Charge soon too....

Peace
    Blake:D

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Running some sort of fuzz is needed. In that song, you can get that tone with just a fretless bass and a fuzz really. The envelope filter setting on the digitech bsw is what i use. Its good for funk, i think its too 'happy' sounding for a heavy setting.

I dont think you need this to get the tone you are after, really.

3. kool. Yeh just a fuzz with a blend pot would get close, but i like that synthy sound with it that chris gets. Like in hysteria aswell.

I tried the BSW with a muff before it, but i didnt really have much time to experiment. This week i will be trying out a bassballs, and then try it with fuzz, and try the BSW again.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmm, yeah I hate the autowah setting on the BSW... too thin, and if I give it a fat enough sound, it sounds really bad. BUUUT the other effects are interesting, plus it has an awesome octave effect. THAT with a fuzz should get you pretty close.

5. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    While I like my BSW, I don't think the majority of its effects are very usable in a band setting. Its arsenal of synth sounds is a bit limited and it doesn't seem to offer any Muse-esque sounds. I also found only one sound that could be considered "fuzzy" and still had some bottom end. I also have a Zoom B2 and its synth sounds are nothing to write home either about albeit better than the BSW's. I think I need to look around some more until I come across a truly great synth effects pedal. :meh:

6. I have extreme gas for a Deep Impact, but the prices they go for on ebay are rediculous. :(
    Hopefully a bassballs will provide a decent fuzzy synthish sound for me.

7. Tried the bassballs today with my muff (both russian) and got some cool sounds, so im picking that up on friday. Though i think i might try the BSW one more time...