Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

digitech bass whammy on ebay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xan, Apr 4, 2005.

1. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I used to have one of those, and while I wish I got more for it when I sold it, I don't miss it nearly enough to pay 3 figures for.

3. benevan

benevan

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    Fun pedal, best traking octaver I've used. But it sucks all of your tone away and has a horible bypass circuit. Sold it about a year ago for a mint.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Would you guys suggest the red whammy that's out now?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IMO there hasn't been a good whammy since the original. The reissues ain't too bad.

6. I'm happy with the one in the BNX3. I can't complain at all. :bassist:

7. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    god, how i want one of those. I could find millions of uses for it.

8. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    I've got a Digitech Whammy-Wah XP-100 and, tough its really bad problems like the delay and the tracking, it's a pretty good effect pedal... it shows you new creative worlds...

9. Any tips for using a whammy? I have got one on my BP200 the only use I have found is putting it on a +2 octave bend with loads of fuzz and rocking it back and forth to the beat to make some synth stuff.

10. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    i tried it out once awhile ago, i thought it sounded great, no noticable low end loss or anything. very transparent. it definitely has that digital sound to it (i guess thats charactaristic of all digitech whammys?), but i like that sound.

11. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I don't really understand how I could post an ad, is there anyone who could tell me ? Is there a place here, or... ? Can we use this forum to buy, sell or exchange pedals ?

Because I just got this (not this one exactly) Bass Whammy, and don't know if I'm going to keep it.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    According to newish policy, you have to be a supporting member to sell or trade any gear. $20 USD is totally worth it IMO.

13. I own a digitech bass whammy (although there is some damage to it, and needs to be repaired)

It has pretty good tracking, BUT, you have to be aware it will suck low end, but mostly I use it for harmonizing chords and going up an octave. (Try harmonizing up a 5th or 6th with power chords)

14. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Ok, thanks !

As I'm living in France, I'm not sure it would be worth the 20$, but... I'm new here... If I spend more times here, I may be interested in becoming a supporting member.

15. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    to be clear, this post was not for the sale of an item of mine. i just happened to spot it on ebay and recalled someone on here was looking for one.