1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

digitech bassdriver..any comments?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bentfork, Aug 20, 2007.

1. anybody tried no guitar shops close by to try stuff out so its up to you guys and mail order.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hi bent, welcome to the effects forum. Rule #1 is read the stickies at the top of the forum page. They include a FAQ, and a message to always search before posting. The reason for that is that we have lots and lots of good information written in this forum, just waiting for you to read; and you'll get better info by reading that aggregate of info than you will in the few replies you'll get in the one new thread.

Note that the "Google Talkbass" search works way better than the regular search, for non-supporting users.

Try looking up "distortion" first.

3. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I had a DigiTech Bass Driver once, it was my first distortion pedal. Honestly, I thought it was really awful. Sure, you could get a variety of tones out of it, but none of them good... Save up your money and get something better.

As Bongo said, do a search on distortion, you'll get a ton of results :)

-Dash

4. If you want my opinion, find something else. Used one at my guitarist's house the other day at practice, and I couldn't find any sounds I could use.

5. I havn't had direct experiance with the overdrive, but I have owned both the bass chorus and the Synth Wah... I found both pedals to be pretty sterile sounding. They definately live up to the 'digi' part of their name...

I have owned some other digitech gear for guitar use too. Other than the Whammy (which also has its issues), im not the biggest fan of digitech pedals.