1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

digitech bnx3,boss gt6b,line6 basspod,cant decide,please help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by benstormer, May 10, 2006.

1. benstormer

benstormer

Apr 20, 2006
    hi all,im going to be investing in a multi effects pedal in the next few weeks and was wondering if i could get some advice?im after a unit that gives me a good balance of fx and amp modelling as both are important.ive heard good things about all these units but a few bad ones keep popping up;the basspod lives fx sound realy muddy,the gt6bs amp modelling and wah dont sound very good and its very difficult to use,the digitech bnx3 has lots of hiss on all the patches.does anyone have any experience with these units?can you varify this?many thanks for your advice.also are there any other units in the same price range that you'd recommend instead?

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Do a search. I havn't had problems with the GT-6B's wah, as long as you boost the bass on the patch. But the modeling does suck. I really havn't heard any modeling that I really like on any unit though. The Korg board is also in the price range.

3. I had high hopes for the bnx3 but the hiss/noise really bugged me. The GT-6B is nice. The effects are great but the modeling wasn't that good.Too easy to overload the prests. I never noticed any problems with the wahs with GT.
    I have the Bass Pod Live now and I love it.The modeling is great which was what I was after. Hope this helps.
    B

4. Thunder Lizard

Thunder Lizard

Dec 7, 2005
    Lethbridge, AB
    Canadian Distributor, Basson Sound Equipment
    I too have the Pod XT Live, and it's a truly wonderful tool for me. Build rugged, as well. I had the Behringer V-Amp Pro, (ok, still do) but the cut out when switching presets was a pain, and it carries a lot more hiss and noise than the Pod, not to mention the pedal board is a HUGE, seperate, couple hundred dollar item that you have to program to work with the device.... it's a generic midi controller outta the box. The pic in my sig shows how big that board is compared to the PodXT. The Behri does have some cool features and neat tones, but for an all in one package built to last, easy to use, and with great tone, I ended up with the Pod on stage. YMMV.

5. benstormer

benstormer

Apr 20, 2006
    cheers for the input guys, much appreceated.think im gonna go with the pod.

6. DeadMike

DeadMike

May 17, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    If you do, welcome to the fold. I just got one the other day and am loving it. Make sure you read the manual.

7. CBBass123

CBBass123

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    i've been wanting to buy a unit as well...I'm aiming for the gt-6b for effects. I keep hearing that the wah suks and thats something I love to fool with. more comments please!

8. I have a Basspod XT Live and love it. :hyper:
    When needing more spice in practice you can spend hours playing with its many settings just learning the thing.
    That is the only thing about it, be willing to read through the manual then sit, play and experiment, then re-read the manual and repeat!

9. yeah the pod is awesome, it takes a good bit of fiddling about to get exactly what you want due to all of the parametric eqs and effect/delay crossovers.

i used to be an effect Wh**e till i got the pod now i have best part of the sounds i craved and NEVER use them :D !!

but seriously the sounds are amazing but dont use the custom tone downloads from other pod users, most of them are rubbish.

splash out and get a variaxe bass for a few more $$ or ££;) :bassist:

10. benstormer

benstormer

Apr 20, 2006
    thanks for the help guys,much appreceated.