1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech BNX3 problems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Maurice Carr, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Mt Wellington, Auckland, NZ
    Authorised BFM and fEARful cab builder: New Zealand
    I'm looking to solve a problem with my BNX3.

A couple of years ago I bought this unit more out of curiosity than anything else. After a couple of weeks it started getting hissier and hissier. I emailed Digitech and after some frustrating reminders gave up ever expecting something back from them.

In addition, some of the effects started to act weird - like on one of my basses, the octaver would drop out the octave note for split seconds. Several of the more adventurous effects started acting weird.

I shoved the thing under my bed and forgot about it. It seemed I was lumped with a lemon and because of my remoteness ( no service agents at that stage in NZ or OZ ) there was little else I could do but kiss my money goodbye.

The other day, I got it out again and started to feel quite grumpy about spending all that money on something that turned out so useless, and that Digitech couldn't give a toss about it.

So I tried the unit again. It had got a lot worse and the amazing thing was that with the two active basses and one passive bass, they affected the effects in startlingly different ways.

Anyone out there be able to throw some light on what may be wrong - bum capacitors perhaps ????????

How would I go about finding out what's wrong ( no use sending the unit in, I live in New Zealand ).

Yes, I've done the software downloads countless times and done the factory resets

Thanks

Mo

2. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    I guess no-one knows the answer then :bawl:

Mo

3. jointus

jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    SATX
    I would check the "Guitar Workstation" forums.
    The BNX-3 is pretty much the same unit as the GNX-3.
    Here is the LINK

4. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Thanks Jointus.

Mo

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021