Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech BNX3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Esquillama, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Hey you effects gurus. I've just borrowed a Digitech BNX3,
    and after a couple of days messing with it I'm wondering if
    anyone else uses these much? It's got quite a few features,
    and some useful sounds(and some that I can't ever imagine
    using on a gig).

I know that some of you use effects "just for fun", but I guess
    I'm looking at this as a possible workhorse for gigging.
    I have it on "extended loan" from a family member, so I don't
    need to make a decision to buy immediately.

Any experience, especially live gigging, would be very welcome.

2. I've never used one, but the features are all there by the sound of it...I'm kinda interested in trying one for it's 8-track recorder...that sounds very interesting :)

i know there are a couple guys on TB that gig with it, maybe they will chime in :)

3. Hello There,
    I had one for a while and reallly like it except that it was sooooo noisy on all settings.It sounded like it had a grounding problem.That seems to be the biggest complaint about the unit.The amp modeling,recorder and editing software were all great.If I could have gotten rid of the hiss who knows.
    Brent:crying:

4. The one I'm using seems to be dead quiet. I even stood
    close to my amp with my hands off the strings to see if
    I could get a "buzz" and it was completely quiet.

Here's a link if anyone doesn't know what it is:
    http://www.digitech.com/products/bnx3.htm

5. Wow I wish I had yours!

6. lo lio

lo lio

Apr 10, 2003
    FRANCE 78930
    Yop,
    i ve got one and no noise. To have less noice as possible you turn up the amp's level at the max (not clipping) and the gain too (depending the sound you want). The idea is to have a maximum input level without clipping (the same idea when you use an amp, pci card with sofware, a mixing table,...). For example when i play with the "direct" amp the level and the gain are at 99 (with a fender Geedy Lee). The goal is to turn down the "output level" (who make some noise) at the max. (I think it's normal : if you turn up the level of an amp you will have some noise.) Mine is always at around 20 %. And if you want a higher output level (for recording per example), you can use the compression : low at 40, high at 40 and the level at 40 there's no change in the sound but you can turn up the level to have a higher output level.
    I hope that i've been clear ;)
    And there's the noice gate who works very well.