Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech BNX3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Yamarc, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Has anyone tried one of these? Just wondering how they sounded/worked, etc. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Marc

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Just saw an add for it today in Bass Player, can't wait to try it! I have the BP200 from Digitech, and I love it!:)

3. The BP200 kicks ass ( I never leave home without it). This ones supposed to be even better so im sure its pretty impressive. Digitech makes the best multieffects if you ask me.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I used to be a Boss guy when I was playing lead guitar ten years ago...but now that I've come back to Bass, Digitech is definitely my best friend!!!

5. Milo Desmond

Milo Desmond Guest

Oct 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City
    Just a funny tidbit on the BNX3.

My guitar player is one of the software engineers for Digitech. I get to try out new stuff and even get to test beta versions of all the bass stuff they make.

Anyways, up until about a week or two ago, I played through a crappy Harke rig. HA 2000, 410 and 115 TP. Really sounded like poo on a stick.
    On the BNX3, there are tons of different cab and head models that you can blend and mix together. The Hartke sounds on the pedal are actually models of my crappy stack. Digitech borrowed my rig for 3 days.

In exchange for the favor, they offered me a brand new BNX3 to take home. I tried it out and fooled with it for about 2 hours.

I ended up asking for the x series pedals instead, and am much happier with them.

Milo

6. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    did you not like all the features? Jamman, drum machine, 4 track digital recorder? Thanks

7. rushrocks88

rushrocks88

Oct 31, 2002
    I haven't tried one. I have a bp 200. I made some awesome effects with it. I submitted a couple. I'll be under steffan zarakas,or Adolf Rickenbacher

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    gratuitous zon pic!

wa-hoo!