Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech BP-200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Drei, May 14, 2004.

1. Drei

Drei

May 11, 2004
    I have been thinking about getting a Digitech BP-200 multi-effect pedal. Some people say that multi-effects are a waste and don't sound very good. Is this true? Also, are there better pedals than the BP-200?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have a BP200. Its the best multi effects pedal ive seen for the price. I got mine for $100. The factory presets are pretty cool. You can also blend your own effects and save them. I really like the pedal for EQing. You can really warp your tone. Some awesome intro/interlude effects too. The distortions are decent but obviously not better than a stompbox , same goes for wah, which is why i have a Dunlop wah. but everything else is quite good. The chorus is pretty nice.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    the multi fx vs individual is an age old question discussed here many many times.

I think they're a good starting point to find out what effects you like and move on later to individual pedals. Logically, isn't it more likely that an $80 chorus pedal will be better than the chorus in a $100 multi fx? But then again, you get the chorus plus 20 other fx in the multi unit.

There are better multi-fx units out there, the bp-200 is fine for it's price range. There are more expensive boss multi fx units (me-50b at $300 and gt6b at $400)