Digitech BP-8 crossover

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by B166ER, Aug 5, 2003.

1. The Digitech BP-8 has a crossover from 30 to 500hz. The only problem is learning how to set it up. On the back of the board there are high and low outputs for use when it's im biamp mode. But because the board is between my bass and the imput on the head, it doesn't seem that the biamp is going to work. Any one know anything about this? Thanks.
  2. The BP8 in biamp mode is intended to be used as a preamp sending signal to 2 poweramps and speaker cabinets one for low frequencies and the other for hi frequencies. Think of it as a rack on the floor.
  3. But what can I do when I just have my bass head going into a 410 and a 15 through the speaker outputs?
  4. ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    nothing.you need 2 amps.hence BI-AMP.
  5. In the diagram the manual gives me it shows the low and hi output cables going into a single basshead and then the bass head going into the 410 and 15 cabs. There has to be a way to use the crossover with just one bass head.
  6. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    The manual's wrong then. If you have a stereo power amp such as a PA amp then you could plug one lead into each side, hence getting bi-amp operation. Unless you have two separate amplifiers (NB: such as found in a stereo power amp) you cannot use the crossover. If you really want to biamp, sell your head and get a cheap stereo power amp and use the BP-8 as your preamp.

However, most rigs sound better fullrange than biamped.