Digitech BP200 headphone volume

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob Gollihur, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Does anyone else have one of these multi-effects units?

I've never taken it out to a gig, but use it to practice with-- however, the headphone volume, even at the maximum, is very low, making it impractical. I've tried three different sets of phones. Anyone with any experience with this device and successful headphone use?
  2. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have the guitar version,the RP200,and I use it with Sony headphones which give a fair level.
    I do,however have a few suggestions based on my use of the RP200 (I've programmed a couple of patches into it that are quite useable for bass,BTW.)
    First,the knob to the right controls output regardless of what the box is connected to;on powerup,the default value is 34 out of a possible 99,so remember to twist that knob after turning the unit on.Once set,it is valid for all patches.
    Second,you can go into each patch that uses an amp model and turn the "amp's" level up,I believe this goes to 99 as well.If you want to have this setting every time you call up that patch,you will have to store it as a user patch,amply explained in the manual.
    Third,if you're still not there,you can turn the compressor on and turn the Level all the way up,even if you keep the compression "amount" to minimum,you'll still get a couple extra db from cranking the level knob.Here again,you will have to store these settings for each patch.
    I got the RP200 before the BP200 was out,and when i saw the BP decided not to get it because I'd rather use an amp anyway but also because I get a decent enough sound for practice out of the RP200 and I didn't like the choice of cab models in the BP.
    BTW,did you know that the expression pedal can be assigned to just about any parameter in a patch?
    For example,You can have a patch with a nice dry sound and assign the pedal to the chorus and bring it in by depressing the pedal.This works well for delay as well.