Digitech BP200 vs KORG PX3B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gnusw, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Any experience with this two effects??? I need it for improve my sound and for training.
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    me too. i started another thread hoping to have more attention. i saw you are from poland, i'm from italy. a lot of times the areicans guys don't realize that our shops are not american shops and we can't find and try all the gear they have. it could be great to have advices on gear that we can't try before buy..
  3. id like to help you but i am afraid that i really cannot recommend any multi-effects unit to anyone... high end ones for studio use are a different story but compact multi effect pedals are a big NO. sorry my overseas chums but thats all i have to say about that.
  4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    It is well known that the effects on multi-effect pedals usually aren't that great, but they can be used to make practice a whole lot more fun! Personally I recommend the Korg because you can take it anywhere. But if you're looking for something to improve your sound on stage, try to hunt down a SansAmp or something like it.
  5. It takes me some time to thank you for support but dont you think (primusdude) that it sucks that korg doesnt have any pedals and you must use one setting through all the song. Maybe it have possibility to connect pedal panel? What you think?
    Thank you all for support once again.
  6. AaPee

Apr 30, 2001
    Finland, Hankasalmi

I do have Korg PX3B and I am using it for training. I like it lot. It is flexible and have good sounds. It doesn't have very good drum loops but anyway they are useful for timing-training.

I have also tried it with my amplification and through PA and it performs quite deasent sounds but editing them is little bit too slow. So, for live gigs it is NOT so practical but for training, I can strongly recommend it.

:) AaPee
  7. lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    i own a px3b and i use it for practicing&transcribing solely. it is the perfect training gadget for me, due to the aux/in, sampler, drum machine and headphone out. i don´ t even have an amp at home anymore, no probs with the neighbours, practice till 2.00 am, etc. the effects sound ok for the practicing purpose, e.g. if i do yes songs, i can dial in a chris squire kind of overdriven tone, for pino palladino i use the chorus+octave etc. for recording, however, i found out it is useless because the tube amp simulations add to much distortion in the low frequencies. i also don´t like the sound of it played thru the amp, for this i would opt for analog stompboxes or things like tube factory for overdrive.
    as for the bp2000: i tried it in a store thoroughly (2 hrs), and i didn´t like it that much. some of the simulations (amp/stompboxes) sound pretty ok, but the octaver does really track badly, and the chorus/flanger sounds couldn´t convince me.
    in general, i feel that digital multis take to much of your sound away (at least the affordable ones), but for practicing they´re really ok.
    on a budget basis, i think you can use the effects section of the px3b with your amp, but the disadvantage is that you have to switch sounds with your fingers (also, it would be a good idea to have the ampsim turned OFF unless you want to emulate an overdriven sound)

hope that helped,
  8. I can give some input on the BP200, ive had one for about 2 weeks. in a nutshell, its alot of fun to play with. as stated earlier its NOT something that is "professional" quality. i seem to get some hiss from it and its not quite as clean as i hoped for. that being said, for $150.00, i dont think you can go wrong. i look at as a toy to make practice more enjoyable. the built in tuner is nice, the pedal seems to work well and the features that make your amp sound like different brands is kinda cool. I originally wanted a bass overdive, but stock levels were zero and decided to try this. as long as you know what your getting, i give it the thumbs up.