1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech BP200 vs. Korg PX4B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TarHeel31533, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Any thoughts on which of these multi-fx are better? Advantages/disadvantages? Any experiences with either would be greatly appreciatted. Thanks. :)

2. If you do a search you will find heaps of threads about those two multifx pedals and also the zoom

I have the digitech bp-200. The main reason i bought it was because it had lots of effects but also a built in drum machine. The drum machine is good. The effects are alright takes a fair bit of work to make a good sounding effect esspecially wah sounds. It is a bit noisy through my amp as well.

Its a good buy if you want to try some new effects but if you only want one a two effects buy stomp boxes/

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

3. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    I have a Pandora. Cool box, with lots of features, and it's reasonably easy to figure out. There are some things I wish it had, though:

1) A footswitch jack. It's easy to get around this, though... provided your effects loop has a blend control, run the output of the Pandora through one side of an A/B box, then to the effect return. Punching the button takes the Pandora out of the equation.

2) The power switch is too easy to move. I've already run down a set of batteries because the thing turned itself on when I put it away.

3) It pops when you turn it on and off.

4) If the batteries die, you get no signal at all. Dumb. It should default to pass-through so you don't go quiet in the middle of a gig.

5) I wish they'd put the patches in some sort of order (like alphabetical). It would make finding your favorite patch a whole lot easier.

It might sound like I'm really down on the unit, but these are all just nits. I get some good sounds out of it, and I like it a lot.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

They hardly compare.
    The PX-4B sounds much better and has way more functions, but it's painful to use live.