Digitech BP200 vs KorgPX4B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnnyM, Nov 19, 2002.

1. johnnyM

Nov 19, 2002
    ..I'm trying to decide between these two units...I'm leaning towards the Korg ( I don't need the pedal)...I primarily want the unit for direct recording to use the cabinet/amp effects and some light compression/eq. Has anyone with these units done direct recording with them and if so is one better than the other ( for direct recording and amp sim)? Thanks for info in advance.I don't want to spend much more than $200 at present-any other alternatives?:confused:
  2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You're just trying to lure Bigfeet back with this topic, right? ;)

Go look at a Johnson J-Station for direct recording - I had one and was very impressed.
  3. johnnyM

Nov 19, 2002

...isn't the J-Station geared for guitars,I know it has a few bass amps in it-but in general isn't it geared for the guitar. You had one? Was it good? Still using it? Who's Bigfoot?
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The J does a very competent job at bass, and has quite a few bass-specific patches. Cheap, too. I had one for use as a headphone amp (major overkill), and spun it off to a friend for his use in recording bass and guitar. He's happy as a clam.

Bigfeet is our Effects Forum mod, and he hates multieffect units with a passion. He's threatened leaving lately...sorry, just a bit of inside TB humor.

Also, I have a BP200 and I like it. However, I think it's too noisy for recording. I mostly use it as a volume pedal and tuner, and just dabble with the effects.
  5. johnnyM

Nov 19, 2002
    I went to the J-Station site and some of the sounds were great...you are able to download new user sounds at the site as well.I'll definitely consider it now. Thanks for the advice Heavy Duty. Hope this one slipped past Bigfeet!
  6. I went with digitech bp200 and i'm really pleased. It depends on what kind of effect you want. I got mine so i could add some "whiz" to my bass solos. Plus the bp200 can hold up to to 80 of your own presets, also you can mess the with the factory presets to your own liking. It was worth it for me.
    Go to this link to see what some of the presets are: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...earch/g=guitar/s=effects/detail/base_id/54987
    Good luck,
  7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Actually, you can only re-write 40 of the presets that are programmed, the other 40 are locked...but it's still a great unit!!!
  8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you don't care about the pedal, Korg all the way.
    Sound quality, hum and effect diversity and musicality don't even compare.