Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech BP200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JJBACOOMBA, Jul 18, 2005.

1. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    Just got this unit and its my first walk throught the multi- effects world. Any suggestions on making the walk alot smoother? Thanks.

2. making the walk smoother? Sell it and get single effects pedals one by one. Then you shall reach a pedal nirvana (with occasional gas)

3. yea, sorry, but ditch El Cheapo...in the long run it gets you nowhere

4. JJBACOOMBA

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    yep thats been on mind. I do miss my pedals and have been using them for about 20 years.I just have to start figuring out all the different effects and editing, etc.. Then after I do that for a couple of hours a shot or 2 of yukon jack might calm my nerves :hyper: Thanks Ryst!

5. Try playing threw all the presets until you narrow it down to a few you like, mess around with whatever effects settings it offers with each of those presets and edit them to suit your taste. Just because its a multi-effects doesn't mean you have to use all of them. those pedals tend to have alot of filler in them so try and weed out a tone you like and add just the effects you want into it.
    :bassist:

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I never really found anything I liked in the BP200. It's the only multi-effects unit I've tried for bass and it turned me away from them. The only thing I remember using was the tuner and the metronome/beat functions. The effects were just weak IMO.

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I was looking at getting one to use as an integrated tuner, metronome/drum machine and headphone amp so I can play at work (in other words not really interested in the effects piece). Would the BP200 fit my useage well?

8. JJBACOOMBA

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks Big! Thats what I will do. Alot of the effects it offers seem to be just filler as you said. Wont need them as far as I can tell.

9. JJBACOOMBA

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hi. I havent used the drum thing yet, but I have used the tuner and the headphone option with nice results.