Digitech BP8 "Paradigm" : Revision of an earlier model ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by snailplow, Jun 15, 2002.

1. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

I've dug into this unit a little a few months ago,and was fairly impressed with what I heard (time constrained) but I don't recall ever seeing or hearing anything about any revision/reissue by Digitech.I'm pretty sure the unit I was playing through didn't have any "Paradigm" markings on it, or in the manual.
    Of course trying to get any answers out of Digitech themselves via the web or phone is like pulling teeth. Can anybody shed any light on this for me?
    I spent 7 hours with Boss's new GT6B the other day, and if only they had just put a Groove tube first in the signal path, and configured the eq section with fixed high and low band passes, and four bands of parametric eq. Instead it's,: low/mid/high at fixed freqs, and then the anemic sounding three band parametric.(I know it's an unfair comparison,but I'm spoiled by Eden's eq circuit).
    Boss damn near hit the mark, but no cigar.
  2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I've read descriptions of the "Paradigm", and they aren't any different from the descriptions of the older BP8's. FWIW, I have a BP8 for sale if you want one.