Digitech BP8 questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass4u, Oct 31, 2011.

1. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    maryland,usa
    Anyone ever use a Dgitech BP8 multi effects unit? I found one on
    Craigslist for $100. What interests me is that besides being a multi effects unit it also is a tube preamp. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this pedal and is the pedal noisy and are the effects of a decent quality. TIA.

2. runwfo

runwfo Guest

Jul 20, 2008
    I have had one for several years. Purchased off ebay for just under $100. I did gig with it, mostly using the tube preamp to boost the signal of my passive basses. I usually run direct, so I had a short jumper from the BP8 to a direct box. Never really used many of the effects. I found a couple presets that sounded good to me.

I have since stopped using it other than for a practice tool at home, with the aux in for my computer or MP3 player and the headphone jack. It works great for this. The reasons I stopped playing it out it the power connector is unreliable and one of the foot switches broke. I have read many other postive reviews. If you are planning on gigging with it, be careful of the power input, it is easily knocked loose. Also, you may want to invest in a padded carying case to protect the unit from damage.

3. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    There are 24 other threads with "Digitech BP8" in the title.

Search, read, learn.

4. The BP8 offers a lot of bang for the buck and I really like mine for recording and occasional gigs. The power connector can be a bit problematic so I have taped mine in place.

5. Joerg_L

Joerg_L Guest

Oct 26, 2011
    love it