DigiTech BP8 Valve Vacuum Tube Preamp/Processor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimothy, Aug 9, 2004.

1. jimothy

Dec 12, 2001
    taylors sc
    What opinions do you bass effects freaks have on the
    DigiTech BP8 Valve Vacuum Tube Preamp/Processor?

I found one for cheap, it seems too cheap?
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Until the me-50b came out, the bp8 was imo the best bass multi-fx out there.

If you search on 'bp8 or bp-8' you'll find nearly 100 threads of discussion on the bp8.

And without a price, it's hard to say what's too cheap or not. They seem to go in the $75-$100 range these days.
  3. The BP-8 is kind of old and in some ways limited by todays standards but it offers a quality, flexibility and degree of control that most units don't offer. I play in 2 situations with tone snob gtr players and they think the sounds I get with it are great. I really like the detailed control it offers and it allows me to fine tune the sounds I want to get and keep it in memory. They are usually around $100.00. The good news is that Digitech still has replacement parts available and I have a complete set of pedals and a power supply just in case. My only issue is that what to me mostly constitute efx are all banked together and it limits possible combinations. The compressor is very good and useful. The preamp/distortion section is great as is the eq section. Like I said before the levels of detailed control over efx parameters is second to none. The reverb and delay sections are excellent but not all that useful for bass. ps I also use it for guitar and piccolo bass and it really works well for those too.