1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech BP8 with a Loop Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jaywoz360, Nov 9, 2015.

1. jaywoz360

jaywoz360

Aug 29, 2011
    I have just recently got back into playing again.
    I only have a Digitech BP8 with headphones. I would now like to add a Loop pedal to the mix.

Since i have no amp how would i get the Looper into the BP8 to hear it in my headphones?
    I haven't purchased a loop pedal yet so i am open to suggestions and ideas. Or should i look into something else like a BP355 that has a loop function.
    Thanks and Cheers
    Jay

2. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Put the Looper inline before your BP8. You'll hear the loop in your headphones.
    Only problem will be when you try and use the different BP8 functions for your fresh bass signal and the loop. Since you and the loop will be going in the front end of the BP8 both will be processed the same by the BP8. You'll just have to be OK with that.
    Otherwise you'd need a Looper and separate Headphone Amp placed after the BP8 to be able to use one patch on the BP8 to make a loop and then use a second patch to play over it.

3. jaywoz360

jaywoz360

Aug 29, 2011
    Thanks, i totally forgot about using a headphone amp after the looper.

4. check out the Zoom B1on decent looper and headphone amp all in one.

5. jaywoz360

jaywoz360

Aug 29, 2011
    thanks bassbrad, the B1on looks interesting, especially the price.

Now i'm rethinking the pedal setup.
    I like the idea of having drum track/metronome and the looping ability to practice with headphones.
    Since i will only be using this to practice i am thinking of selling the BP8 and buying a all in one pedal.
    I am open to advice from the TB members......
    Right now the front runners are the Zoom B1x0n or a digitech BP355.
    So if you had to go with one multi effect pedal with Drums/looping what would it be?
    thanks again.......

6. You must know I have much love for the BP8, there is nothing that does all it does for the same quality under a grand. Mine still gets a good bit of action. My prog setup iz a Zoom B3 into the BP8.

mbelue likes this.
  7. jaywoz360

jaywoz360

Aug 29, 2011
    i feel the same way, both for sound and nostalgia.
    So my next question is B1on or B1Xon? And before or after the BP8?

8. I would go bp8 into the b1on, have your bass tone and use the zoom for looper and drum beets.

I just never got into looping much so my b3 goes into the bp8 just for efx. Fwiw the prog guys are vintage snobs and we go direct so my tone has gotta be slammin.

9. jaywoz360

jaywoz360

Aug 29, 2011
    thanks for the info

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021